Essential Heartsaver CPR Training in South Florida
The Heartsaver CPR Course is designed to prepare people to provide CPR in a safe, timely, and effective manner. In addition, this course is intended for those with limited or no medical training and need a CPR credential. Included in the course objectives are cognitive and psycho-motor objectives. The Heartsaver course is taught by lecture, video, and student participation, and those who need a Heartsaver CPR Course completion card can take this course.
This course is beneficial for those who have little medical experience but who want to learn CPR and receive a CPR certification card. Heartsaver CPR training is extremely helpful in situations when a person has something lodged in his or her airway or where a person falls unconscious. Knowing and administering correct CPR techniques can be the difference between a person’s life or death.
The Importance of an AED
An AED, also known as an automated external defibrillator, is portable and can be used by anyone with or without medical training. You put it on a person’s chest. An AED will sense for a heartbeat and determines whether a person needs a shock to help stimulate the heart.
In the Heartsaver CPR and AED class, you will learn how to use an AED. This can help you in critical situations when a person goes into cardiac arrest.
In the AHA Heartsaver CPR and AED class, you will:
- Demonstrate the skill needed to assess the ill or injured person.
- Demonstrate skills to assess and manage foreign body airway obstruction in infants, children and adults.
- Demonstrate skills to provide one- and two- person cardiopulmonary resuscitation to infants, children and adults.
- Recall rationale and technique for automated external defibrillation.
- Demonstrate proper use of pocket mask during resuscitation attempt
The Reason You Should Go With RescueAED
With over 20 years’ experience proudly serving South Florida, RescueAED is your place for up-to-date CPR, AED, first aid, and other trainings. Here are just a few reasons why RescueAED is the place to trust:
- Trainings are fun and interactive to give students confidence in their new skills.
- Each student receives a mannequin, which saves on class time and gives each student more hands-on training.
- Day and night classes, flexible hours, and trainings at your location make classes accessible.
- Classes are offered in English, Spanish, and Creole.
- Instructors are certified by the American Heart Association and the Health and Safety Institute.
- RescueAED is an authorized training center for the American Heart Association and the American Health & Safety Institute.
- Instructors are state of Florida certified fire instructors.
- Instructors must pass a background check and fingerprints test.
Ready for your Heartsaver CPR & AED training? Call us now at 305-424-8460.